Posted on U.S. Indymedia, Aug. 30, 2008.
ST. PAUL August 30—Multi-agency raids on activist’s homes and gathering places continued this morning with more raids at a number of locations around the city. There are reports of scores of arrests this today. Four of the arrestees are being held without bail on charges of conspiracy. Food Not Bombs members had their home raided and items seized. They were detained and released, no arrests. Reports are still coming in of raids and arrests at other sites are still ongoing throughout the city.
The raids are thought to be part of a pre-convention crack down on the free speech of political dissenters and the planned protests against the Republicans and the president this week.
Other Stories being Reported from Twin Cities Independent Media Center:
– Journalist detainments: IMC, Democracy Now taken into custody
– Raids Unfolding Across the City
– More police raids on Saturday morning – same warrants used as last night
– Statement from I-Witness Video on Raids in St Paul – at LA-IMC
– TC-IMC Exclusive: Copy of Search Warrants
– RNC welcoming committee organizers seek sanctuary from illegal arrests